torsdag 27 mars 2008

Påske Pump

The weekend had two Jams to offer, Powskharen in the north and Påske Pump in the south in Denmark. My choose was Denmark but I didn’t decide until one day before. The weather was going to be freezing and cold in both places but sins the Hofors Park is inside of a tent it felt warmer to go to Denmark. I bought the ticket and of I went. The accommodation was already taking cared of and I was going to crash at Travis place that was fairly close to the bowls.

I arrived Friday evening at 8 and Travis came and picked me up at the bus stop. The first night we just took it easy watching a film and transported the beer to the bowls. That was a good time for me to check them out as well. My first and biggest surprise was that the bowls wasn’t indoor but inside of a short tunnel actually being more outdoor but under roof. Sins I didn’t bring any warm clods and the weather report showed -5C, windy and snow, I realised that riding inside of a tent wouldn’t be that could anyway.

After a good night of sleep we had some breakfast and head off to the bowls. My hands were fairly fast turning in to icy popsicles in the falling snow but the bowls wasn’t far away. Lots of kids had already turned up when we got there and there was a lot of faces I never seen before. The kids were enthusiastic and rode flowish and stylish. Not much street style here, only ramp flow. I could see that Nils and Travis, that mostly ride with flow, had really infected the Copenhagen riding style. For me there was mostly lip tricks going on and thankfully Nils lend me his gloves so I could practise my bar spins. Otherwise it would have sound like “Klirr” every now and then. There was free beer the howl day and free pizza for lunch which was very thankful.

After a wile a bunny hop competition was held and I took some photos. I was surprised how high the kids jumped but in the end I think Travis became the winner. There were a lot of good prices that the kids seamed happy over. I don’t know how won but I think you can find the results on http://www.simplebmx.com/

The night was spent in Sörens apartment with some of the riders just chilling and soft parting. For me that was the best after party ever with some more pizza and free beer.







Thanks for a coooool(d) jam nice hostel and chill party!

/Beach

1 kommentarer:

Anonymous Anonym sa...

More south=more weed=more flowish style..
Damn those arctic riders!

Nice post Beach ;)

27 mars 2008 kl. 20:12  

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida